Man.. what a week. Finally Android Dev Newsletter Website is live!
It took me some time to set it up and to refresh my CSS knowledge to put it all together, but I have to say I’m proud of the end result. New ideas coming to my head, so I’m excited. 😁
What do I have for you in this issue? Let’s see...
- Your mobile security knowledge base - OWASP Top 10 Mobile, MASVS and MSTG
- First two episodes of Architecture MAD Skills from Google
- Less than 45 days until the next Google I/O. Register now!
- ExoPlayer 2.17 — What’s new?
- Easy Unit Testing Kotlin Flow with Turbine
1) Security is one of the pillars of every application, not only a mobile app. Many times I had contact with apps and developers who claimed that their code was safe, but later it turned out that it has many vulnerabilities, even the most famous ones! Here is a must know list of things you have to be familiar with if you’re a mobile app dev.
2) Recently Google started posting videos on their recommended app architecture guidelines. If you’re a beginner Android Dev and you’re wondering how to handle basic things in the app like UI state and events, data flow, testing, etc. I think this may be a very good start for you!
3) The next Google I/O event is right around the corner! Can’t wait for it? Me too 😁
Below is a link to the page where you can register to it and be up to date with events. You’ll also get a Google I/O 2022 badge! 🤪
4) ExoPlayer is an application level media player for Android. It provides an alternative to Android’s MediaPlayer API for playing audio and video both locally and over the Internet.
New ExoPlayer version is now out. If you’re using it or you’re thinking about implementing it into your app, be sure to check it out!
5) Testing flow can be tedious, been there, done that. That’s why I use Turbine and you should too! It’s a small, but powerful library from CashApp team. Be sure to check it out if you’re using Flow in Kotlin!
That’s it for today, hope you liked it. See you in a few days! 👊
For previous issues, visit archive on my website.